- •Integrity of 15 plastics were tested using six protocols of digestion.
- •Protocols using HNO3 led to significant polyamide degradation.
- •KOH 10% solution does not affect the integrity of all tested plastics except for CA.
- •KOH 10% provides effective digestion of mussel, crab & fish tissues.
- •KOH 10% is the best compromise for extraction and identification of microplastics.
Alexandre Dehaut, Anne-Laure Cassone, Laura Frère and al., Environmental Pollution, Volume 215, August 2016, Pages 223–233